Pages

28 January, 2012

Chicken Curry Soup with APPLES


*PHOTO to come...

This is a great change in traditional soup!  Don't be afraid to try- It sounds a lot crazier than it tastes!

Ingredients:
Butter & Olive Oil
Onion
Celery
Carrot
Chicken Stock
Cooked Rice (Basmati is my favorite and whenever I have leftovers I pop it in the freezer in a Ziploc bag for recipes like this!)
Apple (I like using a couple of different types for different texture.. Green and a Red)
Chopped Cooked Chicken Breasts ( I pre cooked them on the BBQ)
Curry Powder
Half & Half Cream
Salt & Pepper


Again... Portion control... Depending on how much you're making...

Heat butter and oil in a pot and add chopped Onion, Carrot & Celery.  Cook until the onion has some color.  Add Curry powder, don't be shy.  (Sm pot approx. 2 Tbs)  Add your (water and powdered Chicken Stock), or (pre-made liquid stock).  Bring to simmer and add chopped Apple, Rice and Chicken.  Bring to Simmer again and add some Half and Half and Salt and Pepper to taste!

Served with fresh bread - (SOBEYS have my favorite!)

** Note- Can be made vegetarian by using Veg. Stock and No Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment