Pages

28 January, 2012

Tropical Coconut Thai




Very fresh tasting!  Can be Vegetarian or add Chicken, Shrimp (or both)  This time I used Shrimp because that's what I had!  I give credit to our good friend Ross B. for this fine dish! Thank-you!

Ingredients:

  • Coconut Oil (Or Olive)
  • Leeks (2 Stocks)
  • 1 Can of Mandarins plus the juice
  • 1 Mango
  • Pineapple (I had some left over that I had chopped up the night before as a snack.. I had about 1 cup worth)
  • Red Pepper
  • Baby Bok Choy (I had spinach that needed to get eaten so I added that rather)
  • 1 Can Coconut Milk
  • 1 Cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
  • 2 Cup Cooked Shrimp (Pre cook Chicken too if that's what you're using)



Heat oil and add sliced Leeks.. Cook until they soften and get some color.  Add the Can of Mandarins, Chopped Mango, Chopped Pineapple and Chopped Pepper.  Let simmer for just a couple minutes and then add your Chili Sauce & can of Coconut Milk.  Bring to simmer again and add your meat and fold in your greens just prior to serving so it keeps it's beauty!

**Serve with Vermicelli noodles (Pour boiling Water over the noodles and let stand for a couple minutes, drain and they're ready!  So EASY) or Rice

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment