I remember growing up my mom would make these by the dozen! They're a great meal to make multiples at a time because they freeze really well and are a great meal to give to any family who may be in need of a hot meal! This dish is a unique take on a taco salad - a little more hardy though!
Ingredients Needed: Yield 3, 9" Pies
- 3 Frozen Deep Dish Pie Crusts
- 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Beef - (Ground Turkey would be a great healthier option)
- 1 lg. Yellow Onion
- 3 Tbs. Taco Seasoning
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Corn Kernels
- 1 Can Black Beans
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Corn Chips
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown your beef in a large fry pan, add the onion and seasoning. Saute until onion softens.
- Add the Tomato Sauce and Paste, Kernels and Beans. Mix together and set aside.
- Crunch up your corn chips and place in the bottom of each (uncooked) pie crust just to cover evenly.
- Fill crusts then with the beef mixture.
- Smother the top of meat with sour cream.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Top with more crushed corn chips.
- Bake for approx. 15-20 min. (Until lightly browned)
- Let stand for a few min. before serving. Slice like you would a pie!
Garnish with any or all of the following:
Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Green Onion, Blk. Olives, Sour Cream, Salsa, Lime and Cilantro